Thursday, June 12, 2008

Little Bodies with Big Minds...

I think right now are the best days of my life. (Bob will laugh, he claims I have said those exact words since we first met) but honestly how is it that life keeps getting better. I just want to share some of the fun things Nicholas and Isaac have done and said lately. They are growing up and are so much more curious about life than I thought a 2 & 3(almost 4)year old would be.
1. Nicholas' famous line- I like you, I love you & I think your the best!
2. Nicholas- You are my best friend in the whole world(worth a million $)
3. Nicholas- Mom, who took the nails out of Jesus' hands?
4. Nicholas- Who built Jesus? Me-Heavenly Father, then who built Heavenly father?
5.Nicholas- How did Moroni get so high on the temple? (I told him the story and he made me repeat it atleaest 5 times, he was so into it)
6.Isaac-Out of the blue tells me "mommy I love you so much"(his voice is to die for)
7.Isaac-I love my brother mom, thanks for giving him to me(He watches everything Nicholas does)
8.Isaac-Dont ever ever die mom(they went to Grandpa Bobs funeral and have been saying that ever since...oops maybe they were to young to go?!?!
9-Isaac loves to sing songs and is constantly wanting me to tell him more stories. They LOVE to read and learn and I LOVE teaching them.
10-They play make belief all day sometimes one is Simba and the other is Mafasa, I think they have acted out just about all Disney movies.
11-I told Isaac that cats eat mice and he sat there thinking and then said does the mouse cry for his daddy when the cat gets him? (Isaac is a daddy's boy right now so of couse he would cry for his dad in that situation why wouldn't a mouse.)
12-Nicholas thinks he runs the business, Bobs employees call him boss. The other day a man who came to sray for spiders asked if Bob had business card, I had no clue where he kept them and a couple seconds later Nicholas came in the house and handed them to the man. He informed me dad keeps them in every truck. Thanks little man, I love the help. They are VERY determined & confident little boys with imaginations that keep me laughing often. Oh and they are at the age where they have figured out the difference between boys and girls, there are some pretty funny comments they have made but I will save that for another day.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED this post! IT IS the best days of your life always if you make it that way and it will only get better with time.

Your boys sound so cute and it sounds like they are so happy and content and that is the great work of their parents. I love hearing about such happy kids so great job at being such a caring and thoughtful mom it is an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

That is priceless! Who knew that having your own kids what make life that much happier. I love being a mom!

Unknown said...

okay I am gonna copy you, that was so cute. I loved reading that, it sounds alot like a day in my life. So I could completely hear the words.
THank you for the compliment, they are my EVERYTHING. But you seem the same way, so you know how it is, they are just LIFE to us.
I need to write down more things they do and say.

Court and Brade said...

"I love my brother mom, thanks for giving him to me..." That is classic! I loved that you posted all the cute things your little guys say! Oh, it makes me want some little cuties of my own! :) It sounds like you are just having a blast with your little fam-that's how it should be! And hey, I agree... Life does get BETTER and BETTER! And just when you think it's the best and it's the prime time, it just gets better again! It's amazing huh! And I'm sure once I have kids, I'll be amazed at just how "good" life really is.. cause I already think it's the best! You're a good little mom Hay!

Skylette said...

Oh, what a sweet post! Your boys sound like they are the best of friends and that is just absolutely priceless. Thanks for sharing, I loved reading it!

Court and Brade said...

Yes, I am still bloggin ... :) Just got your comment about my sis in law Mel. I know, isn't she beautiful? She is only 17, too! She is coming down to USU next year ('09) to play soccer. She is a babe. Have you met my mother in law? Her name is Shawna Adams. She is the aquatics director at Apple, so you have probably met her, or at least seen her. She is equally as adorable as Mel. I have cute inlaws... Someday they need to teach me how to swim !!! ha ha How are the wedding plans for Nik coming? Is she still in Mexico?

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

I love your post, that is sooo sweet. Your such a cute good little mom! I love your boys so much and especially, Icko's little tiny voice, oh my heck, they are to die for! Please let Aniston marry one of them!!!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I can totally picture your boys saying those things! They are the best and Emerson's best friends! Thanks for being such a great aunt and mom! Love ya, Britt

Brigitte said...

Oh this is my favorite post!! You seem like such a cute mom. I can totally tell through your blog that you love your kids so much. I agree that this time is the best time of your life when your little boys are so young and still at home. They are so adorable!! Being a mom is the greatest thing ever... why would anyone ever NOT want to have kids? I can't imagine life without my little babies.

The Bell Family said...

You're such a cute mom! Don't you just LOVE having boys?? I can't wait for our boys to be that age. It sounds like so much fun!