Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trip to DC

I am still in DC and as you can imagine a big talk around here is politics. Obama didn't have my vote but I do support him 100%. I beleive he is doing what he feels is best for the country. All that can be done, is to hope and pray for this country to work together and improve. No matter what religion, background, or party we chose, we are all toghther in keeping America strong.














WASHINGTON - All smiles and compliments, President-elect Obama and his wife, Michelle, called on President Bush and first lady Laura Bush Monday in a White House visit that was part political ritual, part practical introduction and a striking symbol of the historic transfer of power to come.

The president and Obama talked war and financial crisis. Laura Bush and Michelle Obama talked about raising daughters in the nation’s most famous house.




Here is Ry and Barbs beautifful colonial home, I will post more pictures later.

14 comments:

The Goodrich's said...

Wow, what a beautiful home...I love it! I'm also jealous that you are in DC, I've never been and would love to go someday!

Mindy said...

Wow, you are so lucky! That house is gorgeous..it reminds me of the homes in Connecticut..I love it back east! When are you coming back?

Jones Family said...

I agree with you. Obama didn't have my vote either but it is definitely important to back him up 100% anyway as a leader of our country!

Karmann said...

I love the homes back East! It makes me miss home so much looking at that house! I am so jealous that you are back there! How fun! Cant wait to see more pictures! Love ya!

Harris Family said...

Can't wait to see more pictures! Looks like you are having a great time!

Camile said...

I bet right now is a very interesting time to be in DC! It has been so long since I have been anywhere! Are your boys with you? I like your attitude about supporting Obama and working together as American's to keep our nation strong.

Is that your brother's home? It is gorgeous!!!

Brittany said...

Thanks for posting the pictures so fast. Mom said you guys worked really hard helping the family! I bet it's good to be home!

Carr Family said...

Well said Hayley!! I hope you are having a great trip.

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see more D.C. pics! I love it there. And thanks for the positive blog about Obama. I didn't vote for him either, but it drives me crazy that people are so partisan that they can't respect our new President elect. He's not a socialist, just a democrat! We've survived them before ;)

Mindy said...

Hope you get this in time!! For show and tell they need something that starts with the letter "h"

Anonymous said...

what a cute home! sounds like a good time in dc!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Thanks Mindi, I got it in time!

Shane D. said...

Hey Hayley!!

It such a small blogging world! you guys look like your doing great! And you have kids!! ha.. so fun. we are having our first in January.

Cousin Shane

Brandon McBride said...

Brandon is so jealous that you went to DC. He LOVES it there. I have never been, but have heard him rant and rave about it. How was your girls trip? Hopefully good! I wanna hear about it, we are coming for Thanksgiving, we should try and see if we can get together. Want to? It might be hard with family, but we can see.