Where do I begin with such an eventful week? I experienced my 1st car wreck, lets just say my new birthday car isn't so pretty at the moment. Instead of my Christmas treadmill, it will now be a Christmas work out video. I have been on the run all week. Tonight I was in charge of our Relief Society Christmas party. I had everything under control and Bob had planned all week to watch the boys for it. UNTIL....his bucket truck at work was having problems and the only place that could fix the darn thing was in Salt Lake. He has to have it for tomorrow for a large job they are starting. No problem, he needs to do what he needs to do. I am left with NO babysitter. I call my mom, she is gone to a work dinner party with my dad, sister, same thing. At this point I am getting nervous, I have 15 min until I need to be at the church to set up. I literally tried everyone. I guess my only option is to take the boys, I couldn't miss it, I had to conduct this whole party and introduce our speaker. I sat down with the boys and told them I would put a movie on in one of the rooms and they had to stay in there and be good. I put their coats on and we run out the door to get in my dad's truck (that I am borrowing for 2 weeks while mine is getting fixed) to find Isaac locked the keys in the truck. The truck had everything I needed in it. All I wanted to do was sit on the garage floor and cry. I didn't have time. I call my dad and tell him there is an Emergency, I am sure he is thinking someone was hurt. He had to leave his work party to bring me the spare key. I made it just in time to throw the boys in a room, get some decorations up and kindof think about how I would introduce our speaker. Sometime during the night I noticed I grabbed my brown shoes with my black pants, I seriously thought I left the house with black shoes. It was kindof funny. Now for those of you who saw me tonight, there is no way you couldn't have noticed, it was ridiculous. Thanks for being polite though. In the mix of the week I ended up with the flu and and a lot of kid messes to clean. (you will see one below)
The week is about to get hilarious. The 12 year old boys at church desperatly need a coach for basketbal tomorrow. Guess who they asked? Yep, ME! That's right, I said DESPERATE. I am not one who can say no, just like when no one could play the piano so I said I would, I made it through but it was mostly the right hand with a few left chords when I felt like being daring.
The crazy part is, I have never felt so blessed like I have been this week. It is situations and experiences like these that make me depend on the lord. Do you know how many prayers I have said this week?? lots. The most important things in my life are in place and there is nothing more I could ask for.
I love all of my blogging buddies who will let me vent, well I guess you really have no choice do you? I will end with a picture that explains some of the chaos. Good night all!

A couple of cute things I wanted to share:
Isaac kept telling me he didn't lock the car door, it was papa, he said it over and over and poor papa wasn't any where around to defend himself. It was pretty cute. Also when I got in the wreck Nicholas and his friend thought it was so cool. They were talking back and forth and it went something like this...Wow, did your mom just wreck? Ya, that was pretty cool. Do you think we will get to meet a real police man? I sure hope so. So on and so on. I started to chuckle, I am sure people thought why is that girl laughing, does she know she just wrecked?
They do and say the funniest things, really I find myself laughing often. I sure love my little guys and my big one too!




Just a few random pictures to end with. A post is never as fun if there are no pictures.
18 comments:
Just so you all know, i prob. wouldn't read a post this long so don't feel bad if you never get to it, just know I feel like a new person now!
Oh my goodness Hayley! You are wonderful! I'm so sorry about your crazy week, but only YOU could find the funniness in it all, still go to Relief Society with a big smile on your face, and at the end of the day have everything be fine without killing anyone. That's why I love ya!
Don't weeks/days like that make you feel so thankful for the boring days at home. :) I'm glad you made it through.
Sorry, but I was laughing as I read that because it just seems like something off of a sit-com. You are blessed with good humor though since you could laugh at it in the end - especially the car accident and I'm glad no one was hurt! This week has only got to get better! :)
Oh my! I'm glad no one was hurt in the wreck (they weren't were they?) I'm sure your Relief Society thing went fantastic! You have such a great attitude about everything. Loved reading your LONG post. :)
You are so funny..your posts are awesome! I feel so bad, I would have watched the boys last night..we would have just let them play with Shawn's boys:) Anyway, this post was great..those weeks are so hard, but like you said, we have the most help at those times. Love you!
Holy moly, Hayley, what a week. Thanks for the laugh, although I'm sure it wasn't funny to you at the time! Good attitude, though...
Wow, when it rains, it pours. I am so glad that you made it through the week alive and hope you have a better one this week.
wow! what a week!! it was so interesting i had to read the whole post! I love how you are so optimistic even during the roughest times!!!
Ok,I first off wish that I was next to you right now so I could give you a hug! What a week you had and as I was reading your post I could feel my heart start to escalate faster and faster, you handled things so well! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the overall picture and that it is so true that when things get crazy prayers keep you going and in the end you can look back and see the importance of things! You are such a babe and I love you tons! I love reading your post, it makes me feel close to you! Thanks for you sweet comments and I will keep you posted and PS you have a rockin body that is way better than mine, you dont need mine silly girl!!!
OK, so I just talked to you... why didn't you mention any of this! Thanks a lot! Good work for finding the spiritual side of a tough situation. I hope all goes
well this week! Talk to you soon!
Hayley, you poor thing, I wish you would of brought the boys over here!!!!!
What a week!!! You have such a great attitude about it all though!
I'm getting pretty nervous about the Enrichment Leader stuff - I can just see myself in the same predicament as you were the other night! After my last post like 4 people commented that they were also Enrichment Leaders in their ward. I'll have to do a post where people can give ideas for enrichment meetings/activities. I feel totally clueless!
It's true that after hectic days/weeks we realize how blessed we have been and how much help we have recieved despite all of the chaos!
p.s. Aaron is going on a business trip early next week and I think I might try to go home while he's gone. SEnd me your e-mail address on my blog - it would be fun to get together!
You are so funny.... I'm glad you feel like a new person getting all that off your chest. Isn't it funny how you can feel the need to apologize for writing long posts? But I read it all and I love that you can still see the silver lining in everything. It's those times that really make you appreciate life.
You have such cute kids. I bet it is so much fun for you guys on Christmas. I am excited because Kingston is going to love Christmas this year.
Julie, I cant get on your blog anymore....
What a week! I'm glad you made it through it! Hopefully this week is better for you! Merry Christmas
OH HaY! What a week... I'm glad you made it through it, but that really is a crazy hectic week. I love that pic of your boys asleep with Bob, it is precious. And you are so awesome by the way... that you wreck, and still laugh with your kids.... and that you have a crazy week, and still count your blessings and say how blessed you are. You're amazing hay. And by the way, brown shoes with black pants is the new thing, didn't you know!??
Post a Comment