Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fire Fighters


LOS ANGELES – The U.S. Forest Service says arson is the cause of the wildfire north of Los Angeles that killed two firefighters. Deputies have launched a homicide investigation. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is looking for the person who set the fire that's destroyed more than five dozen homes and burned 226 square miles.
The two firefighters died Sunday when their truck careened off a steep mountain road.

I have such a soft spot for these firefighters, with a husband who fought wilderness fires for years i saw up close the sacrafice, danger and hard work they all put into keeping us safe. They are heros!


Bob & Harjo in Nevada our 1st summer married. I was a widow that summer, and was lucky if i got to see him every 16 days for 2 days and then he was off again.



Bob was the lead sawyer on the crew, the guy with a chainsaw in his hands at all times. It is actually a pretty cool & unique position in the fire world.

This last picture was taken mid day but the smoke from the fire was blocking the sun.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I had no idea Bob used to be a firefighter! That must have been so hard for you - I couldn't imagine!

Josh and Jillian said...

I totally agree that fire fighters are so brave. I am so glad Bob was safe when he was one. I would have been so scared all the time.

Danny and Jacqueline said...

Nice work Bob. Too bad so many of the big fires are started on purpose by morons. Seeing those photos brings back a lot of good memories.

Karmann said...

I totally remember Bob when he did that those summers at USU! I am so thankful for his efforts and for those that still fight fires to help protect us either from natural causes or people not being very smart!

Brittany said...

Cool pics Hay! How fun to pull those out and remember the "good old days"! Hope you're feeling well! I'll see you this weekend!