Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Anyone????

I need some serious in put here. We have booked a Disney Cruise, it is part of the kids Christmas gift. Bob and I have been very, very hesitant the whole time but his family will all be there and we hate to be the bums that don't make it. I will have a barley 3 month old and a 2 1/2 year old plus the boys which will be easy. Am I a fool? A new baby and a 2 year old. Will it be more work then its worth? I have heard 2 horror stories from moms that took a baby. Oh what to do? Also most every cruise line said 6 month minimum. Disney is 3 months. I just can't decide if it's really a smart move. HELP? ANYONE? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Alesa said...

My sister took a Disney cruise earlier this year and her kids were one and three. It was a great experience for them. Disney is super family friendly so I think you are going to be fine. I'm jealous! You will have a great time.

Emily said...

We went on a Disney Cruise with our kiddos. I didn't have a little one but we absolutely loved it. It has been one of our very favorite vacations to date! The kids club is fabulous. My kids loved every second spent in there and begged to spend every waking moment there. Have you looked into how much it cost to pay for your 2 1/2 year old to go to the kids area. I think kids under 3 payment is required to put kids in there. It might be worth it to look into and know that you can have a few moments of free time with your hubby. As for the baby, I would say a 3 month old if he/she is a good baby is easy to travel with. Just think you could be home doing the same thing or go on a fabulous cruise taking care of a newborn. Good luck with the decision.
Maybe another option could be leaving your 2 1/2 year old home with the other grandma so he can have loves and one on one time with her and you can take the other 3.

The Goodrich's said...

We took our 3 month old baby and our not-quite-two-year-old to Disneyland this past summer. Not quite the same, but it went great. Brynn did awesome, I really think it was a perfect age. She was content to just sit in the stroller (no crawling/walking yet) and I didn't have to pack any baby food yet since she was just nursing. She's 8 months now and I think it would be way harder to deal with her mobility as well as packing food for her. Stockton also did great, he just napped in the stroller when he got tired. Don't know if that helps at all. If it was me, I would totally go!! Good luck!

Brooke said...

Everyone I have talked to that has been on a Disney cruise has told me it is by far their most favorite vacation. They are extremely accommodating, and it is so family friendly. I think travelling with a three month old will be the easiest part of your trip:) Enjoy this time with your family, and make some awesome memories! :)

Tara said...

I think it would be fine so long as you take time to nap if YOU need it during the day.