
Yesterday Nicholas came running down the stairs in a panic. He kept saying "mom, mom", over and over. I thought maybe his fish was dead this time. Ok not really but i knew there was something important he needed to tell me. He told me he needed me upstairs right that second. He proceeded to tell me there was an earthquake in Haiti and they need our help/money. I have never seen such a concerned 5 year old. Just two days prior Bob and i had been wondering what we could do to help a bit. Of course nothing more was said or done (i know sad huh?) BUT thanks to Nicholas not dropping it we sent some money and a & copy of Isaac's hand print that he insisted they needed. It made me realize i need to keep my kids up on current events, they are a lot more interested than i realized. Kids come to earth more aware and smarter now days i swear it. Hopefully next time i will be the one to inform them of such disasters not the darn tv.
8 comments:
How cute!!!
Was a sweet little boy. You're totally right...I was watching the news last week and Molly all of a sudden started really watching. For the rest of the night she kept saying that she felt so sad for those people who don't have a house anymore.
I love that you sent the handprint!
i love it how much he really cared about people he doesn't even know. kids are amazing examples!
What a sweetie you have!!! I love how he cares so much!!! What an example to all of us!!
Good thing we have kids to keep us on the right track huh! Sorry to hear about his pet in your last post. I can relate cause I am an animal lover as well. And yes, we still come to I.F. alot so one of these days I will try to give u a call and we can do lunch. I would love to see you again and catch up!
Shauna, do call, my number is 390-6411!
Sorry to hear Rhino is gone. Once when I was little I suggested we flush my sisters fish down the toilet. It was swimming sideways. She didn't talk to me for a week. Her fish lived and mine died the next day. I accused her of praying for mine to die. Thanks for all your help this past month. You're a great friend.
Nicholas is my favorite five year old. I love how cute he is with his pets and much he cares.
Post a Comment