Monday, October 6, 2008
LOVE-HATE SITUATION
What a morning, I thought I would share about it while it is fresh on my mind. Last week I started a class at the gym. It's a boot camp class. It has been pretty intense and I have been very sore but I can do it no problem. Well, today I show up at 9:53 a bit early so the only one there, she tells me to start running. She never said how long so I just kept going. One by one someone else would join in and by the time class actually started I had ran 8 times around (which may not seem to bad for some but running is not my thing) I am in a full on sweat. She tells us to come on over so we can start the class. START THE CLASS? I was dying and the class hadn't even started. I kept wondering to myself how i was going to get through this hour. We did an obstycle course and ran stairs and by that point I was thinking about telling them I had to pick up my little boy from preschool so I could leave early. My pride kept getting the best of me (it does that a lot) and I kept pushing myself. Now they tell us to partner up. No big deal until I look and the only person left was atleast twice my size and pure muscle. Oh no, I am in a panic, she is going to throw me to the ground. Pride can only go so far, I am kindof scrawny(is that even a word and how do you spell it?) Anyway, we put the bands around my waist and hers and try to hold the other person back from running. I am not kidding, I was trying with all I had in me and she ran like it was nobodies business. Well then it was my turn to run while she held me back and I seriously could not budge. I think she could see how hard I was trying so she let up a bit but wow, if I am not one buff, inshape mama by the time this 4 weeks is up then there is no hope for me. The moral of the story is never show up early or even on time and don't forget your water. I forgot to mention that part, I had no water, oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Okay, what gym do you go to, and who is the teacher that I need to avoid? Seriously, just reading that post wore me out! Good luck with the remaining weeks...
Hey Hayley! This is your favorite neighbor from the past. Jk. Anyway, it's me, Shauna Singleton. I came across your blog a while back and I keep thinking I need to leave you a message and I never do. Sorry! But I am so glad to see your cute family again! We miss living next to you guys. Your little boys are so dang cute!
I love the exercise story. I can just see you there thinking "What the heck!" I am trying to get in shape too and it is kicking my bootie. Keep in touch though. I am having fun blog stocking you. (Hope you dont mind.)
You are so cute. I was just imagining you the whole time I was reading that. My mom is doing a boot camp thing too and she said it is just kicking her butt. I wish I wasn't pregnant so I could do it too. I love working out like that. But I am not skinny and little like you. I HAVE to work out to remain thin, ANYWAY!!! I am gonna do it as soon as baby #3 is here! By the way, when you guys gonna have a 3d???
You have got to be kidding me?! That sounds killer! I admire you for even working out in the first place (it's been more than a year for me), plus doing a boot camp! I definitely would have left early (with my girls as an excuse). Keep up the good work!
This post made me laugh. Guess you won't be coming early to class anymore huh?! Except it seems a little backwards.... shouldn't the people who are late be the ones running extra miles?
I must say though I'm impressed. I want to do this boot camp but I'm so out of shape I'm trying to prepare myself so I don't die. And I wish I was scronny! (scronny is a word for sure, but I have no idea what the spelling is-looks good to me though!)
Way to go Hayley! What a crazy day for you. If I worked out like that I would probably let myself eat lots of icecream after as a reward! Ha Ha!
WOW. I guess you won't be too early for class again. You are a tough lady. :) Just reading that post made my knee hurt a bit more. ;0
It was good to see all ya'll last week. Hopefully we'll get to see more of your cute family next time we are up!!
That sounds so hard! I'm NOT a person who enjoys working out, so that is pretty much my worst nightmare!
We need to get our boys together sometime. My husband is starting a new job in L.A. and he leaves tomorrow!! I'll be alone with the boys for a few months, so we'll need fun things to look forward to!
of course YOU get paired up with the SHE-MAN that is twice your size... and you are scronny Hay! ha ha I would have DIED and not been able to hold her back either!! Good girl though for doing the boot camp, you rock!!! I bet the boot camp takes you back to those REALLY HARD early cheer practices in high school ha ha! not so hard..... but I probably thought they were :)
You are so funny! It looks like you guys have had tons of fun! Working out at the gym, concerts, and airplanes... sounds pretty glamorous! Call me next time! :)
btw, scrawny is how you spell scronny :)
Jules
Wow! You go girl! I would have walked out and said see ya! You are amazing to keep going! I dont think I would have made it around the gym running once! I am in such terrible shape! I cant wait to hear how you are feeling at the end of the four weeks!
Think of the bragging rights you are going to have when you're done with that class. I can almost hear that same conversation going through my head. You do know that we are all praying your house won't sale. J/K We are sooooo glad you're or neighbors.
Hayley, You make me laugh! You are one hot mamma! I need to go with you next time!! Thanks for the cute story!
i love that story!
I just love picturing you trying to run away from the giant woman. I can totally relate to this story!
Ally
Wow and tennis! You are gonna look awesome. Hayley and I walked around Target today...I didn't have water either!
Your so funny!! There is no way I could of made it another day. Im seriously so impressed your still going and that you even stayed that day!! Call me, I want to hear how it went today!!!
Hey, I am glad you said hi on my blog! Your little boys are so adorable! They will be little heartbreakers! I am actually in this class. I go to the 5 pm class. Yeah, it kicks my butt! I am addicted already though, which is a good thing, because I need it! By the way, does Michele have a blog? If so, tell her to email me!
She doesnt have a blog but Bob and I are going there for Thanksgiving and I wll make sure she gets one going!
You are better than me girl! I am always planning on exercising, then making excuses in my mind why I cant that day!:) Sad but true!
Hayley,
I'm very impressed with your dedication! Right on, Brigitte, early birds don't deserve the extra laps...you got HOSED!! I started doing pilates with the machines (cadillac, barrel, etc) awhile ago and I SWEAR by it. You hardly break a sweat and the results really do live up to the hype. It's life changing-- I bet you'd love it. Saw Britt the other day and missed all of you sweet Nelsons!
Thank you for your kind words of sympathy.
Hey, Tosha's sister was selling 3 month apple memberships for a fundraiser for only $30..so we got one for me! Now you can laugh at me if I go to that class!
Post a Comment