Thursday, October 2, 2008

Potter Happenings...









One of Bob's employees was cutting down a dead tree when he realized down fell 2 baby squirrles. He took it upon himself to rescue them, he and his wife are now proud owners of these two little rascles. Nicholas and Isaac have had so much fun with them. They got to feed them a couple of nights ago and now keep begging for some themselves. (Dream on) but we will gladly babysit!

I went and helped out with the preschool fieldtrip at the airport. This was a dream come true for my boys. They were fascinated with what the pilot had to say and have been talking about it since. His preschool is amazing.

Bob and I have always enjoyed live concerts together. Music makes me happy. For my birthday he suprised me with Montgomery Gentry tickets, it was SO much fun. They sing one of our all time favorite songs, Lucky man. You should listen to it if you don't know what I am talking about. It seems like a lot has been going on. I think in every aspect of my life right now I am suppose to learn patience. I just have to say I can't believe what some people have to go through, I am THANKFUL for my life and especially for the fact that I have an awesome marriage. I guess here you have it, this is what has been going on around the Potter house. I hope everyone is doing well!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun for the boys to see the planes. Carter would love that!
What a great birthday! I love concerts too! Love good music!

Skylette said...

Oh my gosh, I was wondering what those were! Hopefully they don't start biting or nibbling at fingers any time soon. Too cute!

Camile said...

Your boys are so cute! In about 20 years we could do some arranged marriages - ha ha!! I bet they had a lot of fun with those squirels. What a fun preschool activity! So, are you going to be doing kindergarten next year? I think we're going to wait another year.

Good luck with the patience thing - that seems to be a lesson I have a hard time catching on to! I hope everything is going okay for you. It is definitely a blessing to have a good marriage - a lot of bad things can happen, but if you have a supportive and good husband (like I'm sure Bob is), then you can handle a lot more!

Christie said...

Did Bob have to fight anyone at this concert? lol

Karmann said...

So glad that you had a good birthday! I loved field trips when I taught preschool the little ones love things like the airport and such! How fun for your boys! You are welcome ANYTIME at my house in the winter! I would love it!!!!

R u ok? I am always one to help with a pep talk if you need it. If anyone can help relate with patience I think I can. I love you darling! Miss you tons!!!

Natalie Que said...

Hey lady! Thanks for your sweet comment, how encouraging!

It actually has been a ton of fun to see it grow and have more people interested in my blog, but I seriously cherish the comments from the people I know and love the most! -It is so great to see a friendly face I know amongst the crowds of strangers so I really appreciate it.

Okay, I was about to be so jealous, I thought you guys had taken a trip on a private jet to some exotic vacay! Okay, a concert I can handle. Glad you had fun!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

OK I think my comment came accross wrong, when I was talking about what people have to go through I was talking about others, not me. I honestly cant complain AT ALL about my life, I am the luckiest girl alive.

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

You are so cute! I know what you mean, I feel so bad for those families that have gone through so much lately and it makes me realize how lucky we are. And when you said your dealing with patience did you mean how annoying I am because I call you every second?? haha Thanks again for coming to our party it was tons of fun with you guys there!!

Brad and Melissa said...

I can't believe they have squirrels! And you are definitely more patient than I cause I'm not sure I'm babysitting any squirrels anytime soon! You should tell your boys that Ally and I shared a cabin with squirrels one summer at the ranch...make sure that Ally tells them the story of her in the shower with a squirrel. i'm sure they'd love that. As the eyewitness to the whole event, I can tell you its a heck of a story!

Court and Brade said...

SQUIRRELS? NO!!! I would die! I am seriously AFRAID of squirrels... you are brave Hay! There were black squirrels in Omaha this summer and they freaked me out! I really am terrified of them ha ha

the-olson-clan said...

Hayley you are a brave woman! I don't think I could let the little creatures in the house! Cute pictures though! Oh yeah, and I must add...I don't think I know anyone with more patience than you!

Whitney Blake said...

When I first looked at your post and was just looking at the pictures I was like.. WOW they either got a plane or they rode in a private jet! That is such a fun field trip for the kids!

Brigitte said...

REading your comments above it looks like I wasn't the only one who thought A) WOW! They went on a private jet? and B) do they have a pet rat?!

haha. Glad to see that you weren't actually letting your boys play with rats.

Oh, and I love that song. Your husband sounds like a great guy. Glad you had a good birthday!