Hunting season has finally come to an end at the Potter house. We are excited to have Bob home from three backpacking deer hunts.
Hunt 1: Solo Wyoming hunt, where he shot a 26" 5x4.
Hunt 2: Wyoming again with his dad. Bob was his "guide", Rich shot a 26" 4 pt.
Hunt 3: Sawtooth mountains in Idaho, this was a tall 4 pt that was only 21" wide.
The packout is intense with the boned meat, cape, antlers and camp loaded into one pack.
Since he was little, Bob has hunted everything from alligators and turkeys to deer and elk, but his passion is clearly high-county mule deer. Just in the past eight years, he has harvested 10 bucks. He has shot deer in 6 states. Anyone who has been in our garage knows this is no exaggeration.
19 comments:
Hayley~ I never thought early on you would marry a hunter...but you make the perfect hunters wife!! Congrats to Bob! Thanks for giving me something to read about in the middle of the night!!
Wow!!! I love that Bob has such a passion for his hobby and is really good at it. I dont think I will ever have that experience but I still think it is really cool!
it was so nice to see Kate! I miss her a lot. I was thinking we need a USU one now where you, brit, Kate, Kirsten and so on get together in Logan! That would be so fun!!!!! Miss you and Love you!!
I guess you won't be buying meat for awhile. Hope you have an extra freezer.
That brings back many memories of my dad and brothers.
Nice, your husband and I would get along very well. Those are some really nice bucks, takes a hell of alot of work to find and kill those suckers. Tell your husband congrats.
Wow! Your post makes me soooo happy that my husband does not hunt. Dead animal heads give me the creeps. :) But, I know a lot of people love it and it looks like Bob is really dedicated to hunting which is awesome.
Yes, I am expecting again. I am due March 26 and we will find out on Halloween what we are having. I'm excited to find out. Thanks for your comment on our blog.
He and Aaron would really get along. Aaron is a hunter also, although he doesn't get to do it as often (and I'm not as encouraging). Do you guys butcher your own meat and do you like to cook with venison? Aaron's Dad is a MAJOR hunter - he is also a wildlife artist (I have a link to his site on my blog).
Sounds like Bob has been busy...and very successful! I bet he was way excited about his hunts. I bet you guys are even more excited that it is all over with. I loved the goodbye pictures with your boys - so sweet! You'll have a house full of hunters in not so long!
Aaron told Carly one time that when she got older he would take her hunting too - she was actually sooooo excited! (I don't think she actually knows what this entails, I think she was just happy to think of going on an adventure with Daddy!)
Okay, so that is pretty funny that you can guess where I was going due to the 'bad review', but I know for sure I won't be going back if I can help it!
Congrats to Bob! Looks like it got some pretty nice ones this year. Our season is just starting this Saturday...I hope Bill has a good season too. :)
WHAT!?!?!?!?! OH MY HECK! Those are humungo. That is so awesome bob! Way to go! So cool...I am proud and I don't even know him! hahahahaha, that is so cool. congrats, looks like he had a great hunting season!!!
I love those pics of your boys saying goodbye..so cute! We should walk the river this week before it gets too cold!
That sounds like Bob! This life is EXACTLY what I would have pictured for him when I knew him at USU. The boys, the garage full of taxidermy, and the wife who loves it all! Do you guys eat the meat? Do you like it? I should have you do some guest posts on HG during hunting season. Lol!
wow those are big!! you are such a great wife to let him go... how fun! hopefully you like to eat deer meat.
Way to go Bob! I almost shed a tear when I saw the boys saying bye to their daddy. Soon enough they will be out there, too!
Those pictures of NIcholas saying goodbye are so sweet! He is such a cute little boy. And I can't believe you let him go on THREE hunting trips! You are so supportive. :)
lol, oh sorry, I forgot to mention the new doctor; it's Dr. Leavitt.
Brigitte since I cant comment on yours, I will post it here. I made my husband read your comment about supportive wife! I love the little reminders from other girls.haha so thanks.
Chez would be so jealous. He has been a few times this year and has not been able to shoot any. Bob must be an expert!
Oh don't you just love how much your kids love their dad Berlin is so into her daddy right now and being a daddy's girl myself...I LOVE it!
Ok Ive been meaning to comment on this post for a long time, sorry Ive been slacking. Bob, that is the biggest buck, elk, whatever it is, that I have ever seen!! haha
Post a Comment